CURRENT CODES AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- July 14, 2014 (2012 Edition) Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code (USBC), administrative requirements & amendments.
- 2012 International Residential Code (IRC) For 1 & 2 family dwellings only (not more than 3 stories). Building, mechanical, plumbing & electrical requirements included within this book.
- 2012 International Building Code (IBC) Code used for non-residential construction. Specific mechanical, plumbing & electrical requirements are not included in this book.
- 2012 International Plumbing Code (IPC) Code used for non-residential plumbing.
- 2012 International Mechanical Code (IMC) Code used for non-residential mechanical.
- 2011 National Electrical Code (NEC) Code includes commercial & residential requirements, however residential requirements are also included in 2012 IRC above.
- 2009 ICC/ANSI A 117.1. Accessibility requirements for commercial buildings, including multi-unit residential apartments and condominiums. Used with chapter 11 in IBC.
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code. Fuel gas requirements for non-residential. 1 & 2 family dwelling requirements in chapter 24 of 2012 IRC.
- 2012 International Energy Conservation Code. Insulation, etc. for non-residential. 1 & 2 family dwelling requirements in chapter 11 of 2012 IRC.
- 2012 International Fire Prevention Code. Used where referenced by the International Building Code.
- 2012 International Existing Building Code.
Note: These codes also refer to a number of standards which becomes part of the Virginia adopted codes. (Example: NFPA 13 sprinkler system standard referenced often in the IBC). The standards required are listed in the appendix at back of each code above. VA USBC is available for download or sale at VA Department of Housing & Community Development, 501 N. 2nd Street, Richmond, VA or vbcoa.org. Other codes listed above are available for sale at iccsafe.org. The same building codes are used throughout Virginia.
- Ground Snow Load: 43 psf
- Roof Load: 30 psf
- Wind Speed: 90 mph, 3 second burst
- Frost depth: 24” below finished grade
- Seismic Design Class: B
- Weathering: Severe
- Termites: Moderate/Heavy
- Decay Region: Slight/Moderate
- Winter Design Temp.: 16 degrees F