The Parks and Recreation Commission serves in an advisory capacity to the Board of Supervisors in recommending policies relating to recreation programming, constantly assessing recreation needs to provide year-round supervised recreation for the citizens of Augusta County.
The Commission regularly meets at 7 p.m. on the third Wednesday of every month in the Board Room at the Augusta County Government Center in Verona. The general public is invited and welcomed to attend. Each meeting has a scheduled agenda that includes 'Comments from the Public'.
The Commission is composed of seven (7) members appointed for four-year terms by the Augusta County Board of Supervisors. Each member is listed below along with their contact information.
We keep at least a years worth of meeting minutes available online (see below). More are available at our office upon request.
P&R Commission Member-South River
- (540) 290-9891
P&R Commission Member-Pastures
- (540) 939-4568
P&R Commission Member-North River
- (540) 280-1404
P&R Commission Member-Beverly Manor
- (540) 447-0466
Layman, Douglas E.
P&R Commission Member-Wayne
- (540) 943-2953
P&R Commission Member-Middle River
- (540) 234-8321
Williams, Sally M.
P&R Commission Chair-Riverheads
- (540) 337-2499
- December 2016 Approved Minutes
- November 2016 Approved Minutes
- October 2016 Approved Minutes
- September 2016 Approved Minutes
- August 2016 Approved Minutes
- June 2016 Approved Minutes
- May 2016 Approved Minutes
- April 2016 Approved Minutes
- March 2016 Approved Minutes
- February 2016 Approved Minutes
- January 2016 Approved Minutes
- December 2015 Approved Minutes