A listing of the latest News announcements from Augusta County. You can subscribe to County News on the E-Notices page to receive updates via e-mail. You can also subscribe to this page using RSS by clicking on the RSS icon at the top right of this page.
Select a Category from a dropdown menu to narrow the listing.
Job Ad: Criminal Assistant
• Act as Court Reporter in a Circuit Courtroom setting
• Create with accuracy Court orders on the outcomes of court proceedings
• Process incoming mail to include, but not limited to: subpoenas, probation violations
• Set up into a Case Management and Case Imaging System new cases from preliminary hearings and appeals
• Assist with Grand Jury Processes
The position requires the successful candidate to be a team player, hold attention for detail and accuracy and interact well with the public in a courteous manner.
A combination of experience in the criminal legal field (ie: courts, law firm) and paralegal studies is preferred. The minimum educational requirement is high school.
The Position is a temporary full-time position with an annual salary of $30,000.00.
Qualified applicants should submit a County Application to:
Carol M. Brydge, Clerk
Augusta County Circuit Court Clerk’s Office
1 E. Johnson Street, Staunton, VA 24401
(P. O. Box 689, Staunton, VA 24402)
Applications are available online at www.co.augusta.va.us
The Position will be open until filled. Augusta County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.