A listing of the latest News announcements from Augusta County. You can subscribe to County News on the E-Notices page to receive updates via e-mail. You can also subscribe to this page using RSS by clicking on the RSS icon at the top right of this page.
Select a Category from a dropdown menu to narrow the listing.
Job Ad: ALS Training Specialist
Augusta County Fire-Rescue is seeking an individual who is a public servant, highly motivated, professional, and team-oriented, to serve the citizens of Augusta County as an ALS Training Specialist. We invite you to join a growing organization that operates under the High Performance Organization (HPO) model, striving to develop personnel, operate under a core set of values including Integrity, Continuous Improvement, Rewards, and Communication.
ALS Training Specialist
The position is responsible for providing for the planning, organization, administration, review, evaluation, assessment and development and instruction of Emergency Medical Services training programs; maintaining records and files; preparing reports; assisting in Department's emergent responses as requested or is dictated by situation. The ALS Training Specialist will be responsible to:
• Provide oversight and delivery of accredited initial-certification EMS Education Programs, coordination of clinical and field internship for certification programs including management of field preceptor cadre
• In cooperation with the Operational Medical Director and EMS Administration, develop, coordinate and deliver advanced life support and basic life support EMS training and continuing education to field personnel
• Maintains and directs care of training facility and equipment. Ensures care and cleanliness and meets manufacturer’s standards/recommendations for equipment maintenance.
• Provide oversight, management and delivery of annual ALS and BLS skills drills for career and volunteer staff
• Identify, define, and develop funding services to support existing and planned program activities through the development, writing, and submission of grant proposals
• Assists other Training Division staff with preparing annual budgets
• Subject to call back or respond to major incidents; fill various positions within the Incident Command System as assigned or required.
Augusta County Fire-Rescue is a combination department that covers 967 square miles with a population of 75,144. There are four County owned stations and we support the volunteers out of nine volunteer stations. We have two shifts, a 24/48 and a 12 hour Monday-Friday work schedule. The Training Division is comprised of four full time staff including a Training Captain and three Training Specialists. The Training Division is also supported by adjunct faculty for all education programs.
Education and Experience
Demonstrated experience in the delivery of pre-hospital emergency care at the Paramedic certification level. Experience developing and implementing curricula based on EMS education standards and applying standards of EMS education accreditation, national registration and the requirements for state certification preferred. Demonstrated commitment to meeting students’ learning needs and empowering students in their learning endeavors.
Applicants must possess the following:
• High school diploma
• Virginia Paramedic in good standing with the Virginia Department of Health, Office of Emergency Medical Services.
• Education Coordinator, Virginia Department of Health, Office of Emergency Medical Services.
• Emergency Vehicle Operator Course Class 2
Preferred Qualifications or Ability to Obtain
• Associate’s Degree or higher in EMS sciences or related studies
• Three years of experience as a Paramedic
• Nationally Registered Paramedic
• Experience in prehospital or interfacility critical care
• Emergency Vehicle Operator Course Class 3
• Experience with online instruction via a course management system
Salary / Benefit
The position is a grade 24 with a salary range of $44,942 - $69,856.
Non-Exempt, Paramedic Incentive Pay, VRS-Eligible, Benefits-Eligible
Employment contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check, drug test, and a department physical exam based on the NFPA 1582 Standard initially and yearly thereafter. Applicants must possess an appropriate valid driver’s license. All Fire-Rescue Department employees are subject to non-restrictive 24-hour call-back, irregular work hours, and various workstation assignments. Applications can be obtained from our website at www.co.augusta.va.us. Completed County application with the following attachments: copies of training certifications and/or transcripts (must meet Virginia Reciprocity requirements if applicable) and current DMV Driver History Report, must be received in the Human Resources Office no later than close of business on Wednesday, May 29, 2019. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Equal Opportunity Employer.