A listing of the latest News announcements from Augusta County. You can subscribe to County News on the E-Notices page to receive updates via e-mail. You can also subscribe to this page using RSS by clicking on the RSS icon at the top right of this page.
Select a Category from a dropdown menu to narrow the listing.
Sign Up for CodeRED Emergency Notification System for Alerts
New high-speed notification system for time-sensitive messages and alerts
Residents can select several different methods including landline, cell phone, email, text message, TTY, or even a combination. Go to AugustaCountyVA.gov/alerts to sign up.
Augusta County is pleased to announce the launch of our new CodeRED community notification system to send important alerts and time-sensitive messages to residents and staff members.
CodeRED was chosen for its innovative features, user-friendly platform, and wide-spread adoption rates across the country.
Donna Good, Augusta County Emergency Management Coordinator, said, “[CodeRED's] company-owned redundant data centers help ensure every resident’s data is safe and that messages are delivered quickly and reliably to thousands of individuals within minutes. We’re excited to expand our communication channels with residents to include text, phone, email and social media platforms, providing the information they need to know to make better informed decisions during an emergency.”
CodeRED Benefits for Residents
- You can choose which alerts you would like to receive and on what channel. Registration for this notification service is customized.
- You can select several different alert methods including landline, cell phone, email, text message, TTY, or even a combination. The alerts can be specific to streets, neighborhoods or regions, so individuals within affected areas are sure to receive relevant information.
- You can keep track of alerts in Augusta County with the CodeRED Mobile App, which notifies smartphone holders of real-time alerts in the area. Similar to the online registration, users choose which notifications they’d like to receive via the app.
CodeRED Benefits for Emergency Staff
CodeRED will enable staff to more efficiently manage and distribute notifications before, during and after emergency and non-emergency events:
- Authorized personnel will have access to the CodeRED Launcher - an app that allows authorized public safety officials to create and send messages on the go from any smartphone or tablet within seconds, without requiring a computer.
- Staff members can also use the system to communicate emergency information with one another. This will help us ensure that emergency response and daily operations are more efficient.
“We can launch alerts from anywhere at any time, and residents impacted by weather and other time-sensitive events will receive them directly to their smartphones. This all happens within minutes, which can make a huge difference in saving lives,” said Good.
All residents are encouraged to visit AugustaCountyVA.gov/alerts to sign up for CodeRED and immediately start receiving these informative, life-saving alerts.