A listing of the latest News announcements from Augusta County. You can subscribe to County News on the E-Notices page to receive updates via e-mail. You can also subscribe to this page using RSS by clicking on the RSS icon at the top right of this page.
Select a Category from a dropdown menu to narrow the listing.
Government Center Open to Public June 1
We strongly encourage remote methods of doing business, including electronic means and use of the drop-box and drive-through, to continue throughout this initial phase. Citizens who must conduct business in person are asked to wear a mask inside the building.
The Augusta County Government Center will be re-opening to the public on Monday, June 1. The center, closed since March 20 in compliance with stay-at-home orders and public health restrictions, will be open normal business hours from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday-Friday. The County strongly encourages business to be conducted remotely, using methods that served the majority of needs during the closure. This includes the use of electronic means or the drive-through and drop-box. We welcome those for whom business must be conducted in person.
The following safety measures will be in place to help ensure the health of the public and of government employees:
- Please wear a mask when entering the building. We ask that those without masks use the drop-box or drive-through window.
- Only the main door near the flags will be open.
- Follow entrance and exit signs when visiting public counters inside the building. There will be marked places distanced apart for standing in line.
- When a Board or Commission is meeting, the Board/Commission, staff, and public will be required to wear a mask.
The public will notice some temporary physical changes inside the building, including:
- Gates will be lowered at the counters and outfitted with acrylic sneeze guards.
- Tables will be placed in front of the counters to help ensure physical distancing.
For more information on the Government Center’s re-opening, see this news story announcing re-opening plans.