Information for Manufactured Home Applicants
- Check Zoning for any restrictions.
- Obtain a well/septic construction permit if needed, or be sure public utilities are available.
- Obtain a highway entrance permit.
- A foundation layout must be provided at the time of application or before the footing inspection.
- Check with your attorney and/or lending institution to see if a mechanic’s lien agent needs to be designated.
- Apply for a manufactured home permit, electrical, and plumbing permits. A site plan must be submitted at time of application, showing where the home will be located on the property, and the distances from all property lines.
- After all approvals have been received, your permit will be mailed to you and you may place the home on the property.
- A contractor may be liable for a business license in Augusta County, so please check with the Commissioner of Revenue regarding this requirement.
- On permits where a contractor is designated for set-up and a new septic system is being installed, a responsible land disturber with proper certification is required.
- Be sure your home is set back from all property lines and streets the proper distances.
- The following inspections are required:
- Footing, prior to placing concrete.
- If on public utilities, lines must be inspected before ditch is covered.
- Marriage wall connections before they are covered on double wide homes.
- Set-up, including blocking, anchoring, landings, electric, & plumbing.
- Underpinning within 60 days of occupancy of the home.
Note: Everything Except the underpinning, including the landings, steps, railings, and plumbing, must be completed before the electrical can be inspected and approved.
- A Certificate of Occupancy will be required before the home is occupied.
- A Certificate of Occupancy may only be obtained after all final inspections are approved and an approved Operation Permit for the sewage and water is acquired from the Health Department.
- Skirting is to be installed within 60 days of occupancy of the home. When installed, inspection of the skirting should be requested by the occupant. Notice for Inspections Inspection requests received by 4:00 p.m. will be done the following day.
Note: If the owner is not doing his own setup, plumbing, electrical, or mechanical work, the licensed person doing the work must assume responsibility for the work by legal contract or notarized affidavit. (Must be the actual license holder or employee with proof of employment)