The Augusta County Victim & Witness Assistance Program
The purpose of the Augusta County Victim & Witness Assistance Program is to help ensure that crime victims and witnesses receive fair and considerate treatment while participating in the criminal justice system.
If you are a victim or witness to a crime, your role is vital to the Court process. Many victims and witnesses are not familiar with the criminal justice system.
you should call if:
- You want to know the status of your case or the court date.
- You have a question about your role as a witness.
- You would like an explanation of court procedures or a tour of the courtroom before you testify.
- You would like someone to escort you to the court.
- You just need someone to talk to.
- You received crime related threats or harassment.
- You need a referral to community service agencies, for counseling or assistance.
- You want assistance preparing a victim compensation form.
- You have changed your home or work address or telephone number.
- You may be leaving the area for a personal reason.
Victim Witness Assistance Directors
Julie Hawkins, Program Director - 540.245.5314
Sandi Battaglia, Assistant Program Director - 540.245.5314