The Augusta County Emergency Communications Center has the ability to enter special instructions and/or information regarding a residence or business. When the communications center receives a report of an emergency at the residence or business, the telecommunicator will have the ability to view the special information for the location once entering the 9-1-1 address. This special information may be relayed to emergency personnel responding to the address.
Examples of special information for a residence or business may be, but are not limited to:
- A person with special needs living at a residence
- A hearing or speech impaired person living at a residence
- Hazardous materials and flammable materials being stored at an address
- Small driveways not accessible by emergency vehicles
- Vicious dogs living on premises
If there are special circumstances at your residence or business and you feel knowing this information in advance will assist the personnel handling the emergency, you may want to fill out the emergency form. You may print the form and fax it to (540) 245-5506 to the attention of Director Donna Good or you may mail the form using the address provided.