The Finance Department coordinates the billing for ambulance transport services, also know as Revenue Recovery, for Augusta County Emergency Medical Services.
Questions concerning a bill or request for information may be directed to:
Stephanie Payne,540-245-5741, ext. 4
To update insurance information directly, log onto the patient portal at www.intermedix.com/billpay. You will need your account number located on your request for information and your zip code.
I received a Request for Information from Augusta County Medical Services, what do I do with it?
- Complete the entire form and return in the self-addressed, postage paid envelope provided.
- Return in person to the County of Augusta, Finance Department.
- Call the Finance Department at 540-245-5741, ext. 4.
- Log onto the patient portal at www.intermedix.com/billpay.
What is Ambulance Billing?
Ambulance billing is a program that bills a fee to insurance companies for emergency transport services. This benefit is already included in most insurance plans. August County Emergency Medical Services contracts a third party billing company, Intermedix, Inc., to perform the billing functions.
Do patients have to pay for services?
As a courtesy to our in-district residents, Augusta County Medical Services will only bill your insurance company for services performed. Out-of-District residents will receive a statement of balance owed, if any, once insurance has paid.
Will this affect the care I am given during my transport?
Absolutely not! The number one objective is still outstanding patient care. No one will ever be denied care, or have care held up, because of the billing processes.
How does the billing process work?
- The patient receives care with Augusta County Emergency Medical Services, and is transported to a hospital.
- Patient care report is provided to the billing company.
- The billing company, Intermedix, verifies patient demographics and obtains insurance information.
- Insurance companies are sent the claim for the ambulance transport.
- If there is a balance remaining after all insurance funds have been applied, out of district patients will be sent a statement with balance owed.