The Parks and Recreation Commission serves in an advisory capacity to the Board of Supervisors in recommending policies relating to recreation programming, constantly assessing recreation needs to provide year-round supervised recreation for the citizens of Augusta County.
The Commission regularly meets at 7 p.m. on the third Wednesday of every month in the Board Room at the Augusta County Government Center in Verona. Meeting times can change occasionally, so be sure to check the County Calendars page before you join us. The general public is invited and welcomed to attend. Each meeting has a scheduled agenda that includes 'Comments from the Public'.
The Commission is composed of seven (7) members appointed for four-year terms by the Augusta County Board of Supervisors. Each member is listed below along with their contact information.
We keep at least a years worth of meeting minutes available online (see below). More are available at our office upon request.
P&R Commission Member-South River
- (757) 952-6362
P&R Commission Member-Pastures
- (540) 939-4568
P&R Commission Member-Wayne
- (540) 471-6423
P&R Commission Member-North River
- (540) 280-1404
P&R Commission Member-Beverly Manor
- (540) 337-9248
P&R Commission Member-Middle River
- (540) 234-8321
Williams, Sally M.
P&R Commission Chair-Riverheads
- (540) 337-2499
- September 2018 Approved Minutes
- August 2018 Approved Minutes
- July 2018 Approved Minutes
- June 2018 Approved Minutes
- May 2018 Approved Minutes
- April 2018 Approved Minutes
- March 2018 Approved Minutes
- February 2018 Approved Minutes
- January 2018 Approved Minutes
- December 2017 Approved Minutes
- November 2017 Approved Minutes
- October 2017 Approved Minutes
- September 2017 Approved Minutes