Please note: Complete online or over-the-phone registration FIRST. Registration form must be submitted immediately following confirmation of your child's enrollment in the program.
Augusta County Parks and Recreation introduces RecCreate! An exciting new program offering children the opportunity to experience new activities, increase physical activity, express creativity, develop friendships, build self-esteem and improve social skills. This program will strive to help children grow in abilities and interests, life skills, leadership skills, good citizenship and community engagement.
The RecCreate program will operate weekdays at multiple locations during the 2019-2020 school year and is open to all kindergarten through fifth grade children. This would include children attending Augusta County schools, children who are homeschooled, children attending private schools, or children attending schools in surrounding localities. Transportation is not provided to or from program locations.
RecCreate will follow the Augusta County School calendar for operational days. The program starts at approximately 3:00 pm each day and concludes by 6:00 pm. The following are planned RecCreate locations: Cassell Elementary, Churchville Elementary, Clymore Elementary, Riverheads Elementary, Stuarts Draft Elementary, Stump Elementary and Wilson Elementary (locations subject to change). Please be sure to read over the Parent Handbook (coming soon) for additional important information on operational policies and procedures.
To register your child in one of the RecCreate locations for the 2019-2020 school year, you must be aware of the following:
- Registration will open on Monday, June 3, 2019 at 8:00 am.
- Registration will be on a “first come, first serve” basis. Spots are extremely limited.
- Registration will be online only during the week of June 3, 2019 through June 9, 2019.
- Online registration will be for the month of AUGUST ONLY. You will be able to note on the paper registration form if you would like your child registered for each month of the school year and that registration will be completed by Parks and Recreation office staff. If your child is not registered for each month of the school year, a spot cannot be guaranteed for any given month.
- Online registration will include a $25.00 non-refundable registration fee plus the full August monthly fee of $171.00.
- After June 9, 2019, registration can be done online, over the phone, or in person.
- Monthly fees are $171.00 and due by the 1st of each month.
- In order for your child to start the program on the first day (August 6, 2019), the Parks and Recreation office will need to have received the completed paper registration form (attached to receipt which is emailed upon registration) and the total August payment ($196.00) by 5:00 pm on August 1, 2019.
If you are registering your child to begin the program after August 6, 2019, please follow the following steps:
- Check online or call Parks and Recreation at 540-245-5727 for availability before registering.
- Complete and return the registration form (provided with your emailed receipt) to us by mailing it to P.O. Box 590, Verona, VA24482, faxing it to 540-245-5732, or emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your child is beginning after the start of a new month, you will need to call for the payment amount that will be due. Payments can be mailed to the above address or by calling Parks and Recreation and paying over the phone with a VISA, Discover or MasterCard. Online payment is also available.