- You may place your tax payment in our 24-Hour Drop Box located at 18 Government Center Lane, Verona, VA 24482. It is located in front of the Treasurer's drive through window. Payments are considered on-time if they are deposited by midnight of the due date. Please do not put cash in the drop box.
- You can pay your taxes in person at the Treasurer's Office located at 18 Government Center Lane, Verona, VA 24482. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- You can mail your payment to our office. Our address is P.O. Box 590, Verona, VA 24482. Please make check or money order payable to: County of Augusta.
- You can pay your Augusta County Taxes, i.e. personal property, real estate, etc by using an ACH, (Automatic Clearing House) debit from your savings or checking account. You can pay by equal monthly payments on the 3rd of each month or one lump sum. To sign up for this service you would need to come to our office located in Verona VA or download the form below, fill it out, sign and mail it to us with a voided check attached. Should you have any questions about this service or any other service, please contact us @540-245-5660 and someone here will help you.
- You may also pay your taxes by credit card (Visa, MasterCard and Discover) in person at our office, by filling out the information on the back of your tax bill or online at our webiste (www.co.augusta.va.us>Government>Treasurer>E-Treasurer Site). Currently a 2.7% convenience fee will be charged for all credit and debit card transactions. Credit Card payments will NOT be accepted over the phone.
- E-Check is available. This allows you to pay your real estate, personal property, meals and lodging taxes using your bank account information in a secure environment. Once you have determined the bill(s) you would like to pay, click the "check out" button on the payment page and then click the E- Check button and follow the steps provided. You can only add one ticket at a time to your "shopping cart". The types of taxes mentioned above can be paid at the same time and loaded to the cart for payment. This process is submitted as an ACH debit to your checking account and you are paying it directly to your tax account. Please be sure to read the "I authorize" statement agreement carefully as there is a $30.00 return check fee that will apply should there be a problem with the information you key in for submission as an ACH debit to your checking account.