- Personal property taxes are assessed January 1st each year by the Commissioner of Revenue's Office for all tangible personal property garaged within the County of Augusta.
- The personal property tax rate is set by the Board of Supervisors mid-April of each year. The rate is currently 2.50 per $100.00 for auto, motorcycle, campers, boats and trailers and 2.00 per $100.00 of value for business property.
- Taxes are due December 5th of each year. If this date falls on a weekend, the deadline is extended to the following Monday.
- You may view your personal property taxes online on Augusta County's e-Treasurer site.
- Personal property tax payments not received or post marked by the due date are considered delinquent. Please refer to the Due Date and Late Payment Policy pages.
- Inquiries on assessments or address changes contact the Commissioner of Revenue Office at 540-245-5640.
- The Treasurer only collects taxes, does not assess property, fix valuations, set rates or grant exemptions and has no authority to make changes to the tax roll.
Tax payments may be mailed to:
County of Augusta Treasurer's Office
P.O. Box 590
Verona, VA 24482