Real estate tax due dates and processes have been impacted by COVID-19. Here are some FAQs to help you plan for your local real estate taxes which are due June 26.
Real Estate Tax FAQs
Still have questions? Contact the Treasurer's office at 540.245.5660 or firstname.lastname@example.org. They are here to help you!
General Tax Information
- Real estate taxes are assessed as of January 1 by the Real Estate Assessor's Office.
- The County of Augusta real estate tax rate, set by the Board of Supervisors, is $.63 per $100 dollars.
- Real estate taxes are due in equal installments on June 5th and December 5th of each year. If the deadline falls on the weekend, it is extended to the following Monday. You can pay your annual tax amount in June.
- You may view your Real Estate taxes online on Augusta County's e-Treasurer site.
- Real estate taxes not received or postmarked by the due date are considered delinquent. Refer to late Payment Policy page.
- Properties which have accumulated one or more years of unpaid tax are subject to judicial sale.