The Augusta County Electoral Board is actively looking for registered voters to become involved in the electoral process.
There are 26 precincts in Augusta County, requiring a minimum of 154 Officers of Election total for each election. These workers are needed to maintain a high level of control throughout Election Day. This is an opportunity to assist in the democratic process. If you’d like to apply, fill out an Officer of Election Application. For more information please call (540) 245-5656 or visit us.
- $150 for working as an Officer of Election on Election Day (5am to approximately 8-9pm)
- $20 if you attend training as an Officer of Election or an Alternate
- You are a registered voter in Augusta County
- You are “people oriented” and enjoy serving the public
- You must attend a training class prior to each election
- You must be available to work the entire day on Election Day
- Report for work no later than 5am on Election Day
- Prepare the polling place for voting
- Set up and operate the voting equipment (this will be reviewed in training and the equipment is also available for instruction in the Office of Voter Registration)
- Demonstrate voting procedures
- Close polling place
- Certify work done at polling place
Polling Place Locations
The Augusta County Electoral Board reviews Officer of Election appointments in February of each year. New appointees generally start as an Alternate Officer of Election and may be asked to work out of precinct when there is an opening. The Board tries to assign you to your registered precinct or locations that are close to your home.