Below are common services that can be completed without coming to the Government Center.
Dog-related - mail, drive-through, drop-box
Dog tags: Mail / drop-box your rabies certificate for your dog tags along with a check: Augusta County Treasurer's Office, PO Box 590, Verona, VA 24482.
ONE YEAR; (January - December): Unsexed (spayed or neutered) dogs: $6.00 | Sexed Male or Female dogs: $10.00
THREE YEARS; (Runs concurrent with rabies certificate): Unsexed (spayed or neutered) dogs: $15.00 | Sexed Male or Female dogs: $25.00
Animal being held at shelter: Use the drive-through to pay fines to release your dog from the shelter. The shelter has new protocol they are following; see Shenandoah Valley Animal Services Center before you go.
Personal Property Statements - email, mail or drop-box
- Return by mail. Commissioner of the Revenue P.O. Box 959, Verona, Virginia 24482
- Use the drop box located outside the Government Center, follow signs for 'drive through.'
- File by email. Make any necessary corrections, sign, date, and scan the document or take a picture of the document and send the attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call and complete your application over the phone!
Business License - mail, email, call 540-245-5651
For a new business license -
- Obtain a zoning certificate for the location of your business by calling 540-245-5700.
- If you are using a trade name, you must register the name with the State Corporation Commission at http://www.scc.virginia.gov/clk/formfee.aspx
- Go to https://www.co.augusta.va.us/government/commissioner-of-the-revenue/business-license and email
Jmauzy@co.augusta.va.us with the info listed on that page.
For a renewed business license - mail in the renewal form to Commissioner of the Revenue P.O. Box 959, Verona, Virginia 24482.
Building permit information and applications can be found on the website. Applications can be emailed to the building inspection department at BI@co.augusta.va.us or mailed to Building Inspector, P.O. Box 590, Verona, VA 24482.
Zoning permit information and sample applications can be found on the website. Specific questions or requests for an application can be emailed to email@example.com or call 540-245-5700.
Payment of Taxes - mail, drop-box, drive-through, online
Check or money orders can be made payable to County of Augusta and mailed to P.O. Box 590, Verona, VA 24482 or dropped off at the drive-through or drop-box. Taxes can also be paid online by e-check or credit card https://tax.co.augusta.va.us.
Don't see what you need? Call 540-245-5600.